First and foremost, a Sole Sister is a role model. While the time spent may just be on race morning, the Sole Sister is investing in much more. She encourages by offering positive affirmations. She also encourages her young sister to set goals and to reach her potential. The girls involved in Fit for Girls come from a diverse range of backgrounds, therefore, a Sole Sister is non-judgmental, listening to the girls as they share their stories with respect and compassion. A Sole Sister recognizes that each girl has started from a different place and is respectful of their abilities. The Sole Sister sets the tone for the morning, so she realizes how important it is to be positive regardless of the conditions. Finally, a Sole Sister is enthusiastic and fun.
Become a Sole Sister for Fit for Girls:
- Complete an application by clicking on the “Become a Sole Sister!” below.
- Complete a background check – the link will be sent to you after you complete the application.
After becoming a Sole Sister:
- Attend at least one workout
- Receive a Fit for Girls t-shirt
- Receive weekly updates about how your team is doing
- Send inspirational messages to be shared with your team
- Attend the 5K race to support the girls either by running or cheering (Fit for Girls is currently able to pay for a portion or all of the registration fees for its Sole Sisters, thanks to our generous donors and sponsors)
- Write a short note following the race to your sister
Ready to be a Sole Sister? Click here to register for the upcoming season. If you have not yet completed an application and background check, one will be emailed to you after you have registered.